Monday, November 23, 2015

Trying Something New


Ok, so today in class I decided to try something new. I used QR codes with my students. And guess what?? THEY LOVED IT! I was able to go about and find websites that I wanted my students to view and put them in QR codes. The concept is so simple and my students ate it up. All you have to do is find the website you want and copy the link. Next, you go to this website, and paste the link. Then you just copy the code it gives you into a word or any other document.

The lesson I did today was on the Rock Cycle. I found multiple videos and interactive websites I wanted my students to see. Instead of me going through each of the websites, I gave my students control to work through it at their own pace. It was so much easier to use the codes than to have them type in the web addresses. (talk about a headache) They loved using the technology and I will absolutely be using the QR codes again.

If you would like to see, or use my Rock Cycle Webquest with the QR codes, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment